The key purpose of this team was to:
- Write effectively tested scripting and automation.
- Develop infrastructure as code practices for a global estate.
- Drive the automating of process by building out new, and maintaining, CI development environments.
- Building tools and infrastructure that empowers productive.
- Develop Cloud-based infrastructure platforms.
- Advocate and promote security, always promoting and driving best practice.
Below are some selected areas which our consultants heavily supported over a period of 18 months:
- Design of high-level approaches for Global Enterprise Automation Initiatives, as well as leading the implementation using Puppet/Ansible etc.
- Assume a lead role within the automation testing function, acting as an SME on multiple workstreams.
- Design, develop and deliver industry-standard automation solutions, in the scope of storage & data protection.
- Design and develop automation scripts for cybersecurity compliance across storage and hardware.
- Provide programme management for Global Enterprise Automation initiatives, whilst also providing technical project management on highly complex projects.
- Developing Mule based APIs for storage automation.
- Lead and work on programme to re-platform a legacy application utilizing Google Cloud and associated technologies.
- Design and Implement Splunk as a primary monitoring system.
Below is a list of the standard job titles our consultants assumed during the 18 months – this is a non-exhaustive list:
- Senior Software Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Technical Lead
- Programme Manager
- Cloud Architect
- Storage Consultant
- Cyber Security Consultant
Below is a list of the some of the key skills our consultants brought to the team in the 18 months period – again, this is a non-exhaustive list:
- Google Cloud
- Programme Management
- API Development